A FEW THINGS I'D LIKE YOU TO KNOW ABOUT ME.
I always identify as a queer vegetarian femme-inist of color. I sometimes identify as a closeted introverted activist. I use she|her|hers and they|them|their pronouns. I do yoga, get daily therapy from my pup and kittens, and will self-prescribe deep breaths to anyone and everyone. I really believe in this work. Self-exploration and consciousness raising are powerful agents in the process of healing. I think that whether you're having a conversation with your inner critic, your inner cheerleader, a friend, a foe, a therapist, a life coach, a colleague, or a classroom full of people you can be a catalyst for change. It's your choice if this change is positive or negative. Therapy, life coaching, education, and consulting happens to be a format for sharing consciousness that works for me. I'd be really honored if I could be helpful in your journey or even support you finding the perfect fit elsewhere!
THE LETTERS AFTER MY NAME.
I have a Bachelor of Arts in Critical Gender Studies with a Focus in Sexuality from the University of California, San Diego (2006) and a Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology from Argosy University, Orange County (2011). I completed my clinical practicum at The LGBT Center, Orange County. During my time at The Center OC I provided individual, couples, and group counseling services. I also assisted with the administration of The Center OC's low cost sliding scale counseling program and facilitated trainings/workshops on affirming and culturally competent care for the LGBTQ community. I am a CA Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT #86600) currently in private practice with offices in Old Towne Orange and Fullerton. Along with my clinical training in Mental Health I am also a Cloud Nine trained Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher offering Com|Passionate REVOLT Yoga in the Orange County area.
LGBTQ | GENDERQUEER | NON-BINARY | NON-MONOGAMOUS | KINK
AFFIRMATIVE AND KNOWLEDGEABLE HEALING SERVICES
- Individual and Couples Therapy for Adults and Young Adults
- Therapy for Youth on a Limited Basis Around Gender and Sexual Orientation Journeys
- Consultations for Other Providers Looking to Increase Their LGBTQ, Polyamorous, and Kink Cultural Competency
- Support With Accessing Gender Transition Services (Including Letter Writing)
- Diversity Aware and Affirming Life Coaching
- Educational Workshops and Diversity Assessments for Organizations and Companies
SERVICE FOCUS AREA.
- Identity Formation and Exploration (Especially gender and sexual orientation)
- Sexuality in Individuals and Couples
- Self-Care for Healers and Activists
- Those Struggling with Queer, Marginalized and Intersectional Experiences
- Navigating Power dynamics (i.e. institutional, cultural, familial, play and kink)
- Families of Choice and Polyamorous Individuals, Couples and Families
- The "Coming Out" Process and the "Finding Out" Process
- Empowerment and Agency Building in Individuals
- Healing from Micro Agressions, Discrimination, Oppression and Trauma
- Mind-Body Relationship
- Experiences as Queer People of Color
AREAS OF COMPREHENSION
The Social Construction of Gender: The cultural and social creation of gender. The policing of gendered bodies, gender identities and gender presentation and performance.
Institutional Gate Keeping + Gender Discrimination: Legal, medical and political biases challenging the affirming care of transgender and gender variant individuals-- especially in regards to requiring mental health assessments for hormone replacement and surgery.
Power in the Egalitarian Therapy Room: Consciousness to intersectionality and the effects of intersectionality on the therapeutic relationship. Critical Analysis of safe and egalitarian space creation.
Privilege + Oppresion: Validating lived experiences of oppression rather than pathologizing environmental and situationally invoked symptoms. Utilizing acceptance of privilege to increase sense of internal locus of control and effectiveness in daily functioning.
Queerness and Marginalization: Critical understanding of how experiences of queerness and marginalization affect core personality and beliefs about oneself.
SELECTED SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS.
- INTERVIEW ON AUTOSTRADDLE
- INTERVIEW ON THERAPY CABLE
- ONGOING COMMUNITY EDUCATION
- Affirming Care + Best Practices: Serving the LGBTQ Community
- SANTIAGO COMMUNITY COLLEGE WELLNESS SERIES 2013-2014
- Stigma + Violence: How it Looks and How it Can Be Prevented on Campus
- Gender Privilege: Exploring Gender Privilege, Power, and Safety in Our Communities
- TRANS* ASTERISK CONFERENCE 2015
- CONTEMPORARY RELATIONSHIPS 2015
- TRANS* ASTERISK CONFERENCE 2016
- CONTEMPORARY RELATIONSHIPS 2016
- WOODHULL SEXUAL FREEDOM SUMMIT 2016
- KINK.COM'S EDUCATIONAL SERIES
- American Association of Sexuality Educators Counselors and Therapists
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- National Coalition for Sexual Freedom: Kink Aware Professionals Directory
- National Queer & Trans Therapists of Color Network
- Orange County Chapter of California Marriage and Family Therapists
- Yoga Alliance
PROJECTS AND ASSOCIATIONS.
- Contemporary Relationships Program Committee 2016
- QUEER UNIVERSITY
- Shame Kills Love
- KinkedIN Advisory Board
- Rebelle Society: Using Our Brokenness to Let the Light In
- COM|PASSionate REVOLT: Core Work for Conscious Practice