Happy Friday REVOLUTIONARIES! We know that posts have been a bit off kilter (and off schedule) here in our tiny little loving space on the inter webs. There's has been travel, conferences, exams and general life that has been taking up a lot of our brain, body and heart spaces recently. We're ready for some slow cooked, cell phones turned off, shoes left at the door, sleeping bags thrown on the couch for unexpected sleepovers, alarms snoozed, 2pm brunches, super low pressure hangout/chill time this way. We hope that along with all the wonderful revolution everyone is stirring that you're also making a little space for the all important deep slow breath this weekend. If you're looking for a little COM|PASSionate trouble, as always, here is our event round-up and announcements for upcoming fun community loving!!! :)
Get out, take care of yourself and heal in community!
- SATURDAY 3.7.15 Greet the Day Yoga, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda*
- MONDAY 3.9.15 Acoustic Flow Yoga, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda*
- WEDNESDAY 3.11.15 Midweek Mindfulness Practice, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda*
Don't forget there's lots of upcoming ways to get involved!
- A friend of COM|PASSionate REVOLT, Maryam Rasouli, is offering counseling services for anyone that needs extra support during this difficult time that Muslims are going through via phone/in person/Skype. You can contact Maryam at 657-201-7508 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Read more about Maryam on our Mental Health Resources page here and read her full bio in the post notes at the bottom of the page.
- Lewis and Clark's Gender Symposium is coming up 3/11-3/15 and we'll be dreaming of Portland. The theme of this 34th annual conference is, Material Conditions: Gender, Sexuality and Capitalism. All lectures, sessions and art shows are FREE and open to the public! Get your deconstruction on REVOLUTIONARIES!**
Feeling like some quiet time at home is what you need?
- DARK MATTER: Courtney Klink, the Butch Goddess and our contributor of Isn't it Queer, reminded of us of some of our favorite poets/activists/all around amazing humans in her last post: Poetry Soup for Achy Souls. Dark Matter is a South Asian performance art duo comprised of Alok Vaid-Menon and Janani Balasubramanian. They will make you laugh, cry, think, get inspired and get accountable-- a tall order for any artist. Need a pick me up? Need some fire for movement? Need to simultaneously laugh/cry about the intersectional journey? Fall down a glorious Dark Matter bunny hole…
Return the Gayze (Alok Vaid-Menon)
Queer Dark Energy (Janani Balasubramanian)
*Events are put on by the CR Community/CR Community members. Other events are by friends of the CR Community or of interest to the CR Community. Feeling a little nervous about getting out and involved? Email us and if we can we'll make some introductions so you have a friendly face to say "Hi" to when you get there!
**Most of these events will be local to Southern CA (unless we notice an event that sets us off into road trip dreamland.) If you want to do a COM|PASSionate event round-up for your local area let us know!
***Are you an individual, meet-up or community group that has some COM|PASSionate events of your own? Email us for details on how to submit your event to our calendar!
****More about Maryam****
Maryam is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT#84366.) She received her master’s degree in Counseling Psychology with an emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy from Argosy University, Maryam has worked in various organizations dealing with issues such as trauma, abuse, domestic violence, depression, anxiety, premarital and marital matters in Orange County for the past six years. She has also provided school counseling services for the past three years. Maryam has provided counseling and case management services to diverse communities including immigrants and newly arrived refugees. She has provided counseling services for youth, adults, couples, families, and groups. Maryam also speaks on various topics dealing with psychology and counseling at colleges, high schools, elementary schools, and community events. Maryam is fluent in Farsi and Dari and is conversational in Urdu. Orange County. She received her bachelor's in Sociology with a minor in Biological Sciences from the University of California, Irvine. Additionally, Maryam is a certified Prepare and Enrich Facilitator for premarital counseling, and a member of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists. You can reach Maryam at 657-201-7508 or email her at email@example.com
There are photographs in this post that were borrowed lovingly from the internet and do not belong to us. All are linked and credited to the best of our abilities in hopes of attracting more traffic to the photographers and websites who have blessed us with this imagery. The inclusion of a photograph here should not be interpreted as an assertion of the subject's or artist's identity or beliefs. If there is a photo included here that belongs to you and you want it removed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be removed promptly, no questions asked.