Happy Friday REVOLUTIONARIES! Life has been busy. Master plans have been made, re-made and tossed aside. We've been meditating on the importance of staying grounded and the magic healing power of getting swept away.
Temperance and deep breaths, friends. Temperance and deep breaths seems to be the ticket.
We hope you take time to get lost in dreamland and scrawl some love notes to yourself. Whether your love notes are a yoga class when your to do list is growing, a pause to switch on a lamp and journal when your day is dark or childlike chalk doodles where there could be neat clean sidewalk we encourage you to write with abandon! Place your love notes out in front of you, breathe them in, scatter them carelessly around your heart space and check in with which ones make you soar the highest... when you find them... write those love notes three more times.... scatter again.... repeat.
Get out, take care of yourself and heal in community!
- SATURDAY 5.2.15 Greet the Day Yoga, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda*
- MONDAY 5.4.15 Acoustic Flow Yoga, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda*
- WEDNESDAY 5.6.15 Midweek Mindfulness Practice, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda*
Don't forget there's lots of upcoming ways to get involved!
- COM|PASSionate REVOLT will be at the Contemporary Relationships Conference in Austin on 5/15-5/16! Registration ends on May 7, 2015 at midnight! Traci and Skye of The Mental Health Mash-Up are excited to be facilitating a workshop on Queering Consent: Navigating Relationships Outside of the Hetero AND Homo Normative.
- California Women of Color Herbal Symposium is coming up on 5/22/15-5/24/15. It's a little out of our budget but, oh, how our dirty hippie social justice inspired little hearts did a pitter patter when they noticed this event pop up! Check it out for us if you can!
- All of these internet shenanigans too much? Need to digitally detox? How about checking out Camp Grounded: Summer Camp for Adults!
- Gender Spectrum is coming up in July! "Gender Spectrum provides education, training and support to help create a gender sensitive and inclusive environment for all children and teens." They run an annual conference in Berkeley, CA for youth, families and professionals! Go check them out! Registration is now open!
Feeling like some quiet time at home is what you need?
- As always, Courtney Klink, our Butch Goddess and our contributor of Isn't it Queer, has found some amazing spoken word internet magic to share! Read Courtney's post on Poly Ponderings on Love, Sex and Connection in Abundance and then fall in love with Dia Davina and their musings on the Polyamorous Mating Habits of the North American Red Squirrel. You might have to fight all of us over this way for biggest crush. Know that your decisions are valid, every journey has struggle and your lack of gracefulness is more than fine! So much love to our queer poly squirrel community!
- LA folx still need a little pick me up? Traipse the City of Angels with eyes open for inspiration by street artist, Morley, or browse their website.
*Events are put on by the CR Community/CR Community members. Other events are by friends of the CR Community or of interest to the CR Community. Feeling a little nervous about getting out and involved? Email us and if we can we'll make some introductions so you have a friendly face to say "Hi" to when you get there!
**Most of these events will be local to Southern CA (unless we notice an event that sets us off into road trip dreamland.) If you want to do a COM|PASSionate event round-up for your local area let us know!
***Are you an individual, meet-up or community group that has some COM|PASSionate events of your own? Email us for details on how to submit your event to our calendar!
There are photographs in this post that were borrowed lovingly from the internet and do not belong to us. All are linked and credited to the best of our abilities in hopes of attracting more traffic to the photographers and websites who have blessed us with this imagery. The inclusion of a photograph here should not be interpreted as an assertion of the subject's or artist's identity or beliefs. If there is a photo included here that belongs to you and you want it removed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be removed promptly, no questions asked.