Good Morning, REVOLUTIONARIES! Guess where we are??? As you read this, we're bumbling about our AirBnB straightening bow ties, latching suspenders and doing our last pre-conference run throughs in Austin, TX! We're so excited to be sharing and plotting a little COM|PASSionate REVOLUTION with the lovely individuals, couples and providers at the Contemporary Relationships Conference!
We hope you all are well... and wanted to send you a little reminder...
Get out, take care of yourself and heal in community!
- FRIDAY 5.15.15 Bones + Breath Yoga, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda*
- SATURDAY 5.16.15 Greet the Day Yoga, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda, Amee is subbing!
- SATURDAY 5.16.15, 6th Annual VEGAN BEER FEST! We can't believe we forgot to mention this! Go get your yoga on with Amee and then go enjoy some COM|PASSionate fare!
- MONDAY 5.18.15 Acoustic Flow Yoga, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda, Amee is subbing!
- WEDNESDAY 5.20.15 Midweek Mindfulness Practice, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda*
Don't forget there's lots of upcoming ways to get involved!
- COM|PASSionate REVOLT will be at the Contemporary Relationships Conference in Austin on 5/15-5/16! Traci and Skye of The Mental Health Mash-Up are excited to be facilitating a workshop on Queering Consent: Navigating Relationships Outside of the Hetero AND Homo Normative.
- California Women of Color Herbal Symposium is coming up on 5/22/15-5/24/15. It's a little out of our budget but, oh, how our dirty hippie social justice inspired little hearts did a pitter patter when they noticed this event pop up! Check it out for us if you can!
- All of these internet shenanigans too much? Need to digitally detox? How about checking out Camp Grounded: Summer Camp for Adults!
- Gender Spectrum is coming up in July! "Gender Spectrum provides education, training and support to help create a gender sensitive and inclusive environment for all children and teens." They run an annual conference in Berkeley, CA for youth, families and professionals! Go check them out! Registration is now open!
A few words in favor of getting lost...
Sometimes when you're not sure where to go, when no path looks familiar, when you're not really sure which path is the road worth taking or the road less taken, it's not a bad idea to get lost.
Take a breath, get your bearings, see adventure rather than mishap. Meet your day with The Fool as your guide.
Lost and very lost are not such bad things.
Who knows who you'll meet there and what you'll find.
(Currently getting lost in Austin, TX, but thinking about you)
*Events are put on by the CR Community/CR Community members. Other events are by friends of the CR Community or of interest to the CR Community. Feeling a little nervous about getting out and involved? Email us and if we can we'll make some introductions so you have a friendly face to say "Hi" to when you get there!
**Most of these events will be local to Southern CA (unless we notice an event that sets us off into road trip dreamland.) If you want to do a COM|PASSionate event round-up for your local area let us know!
***Are you an individual, meet-up or community group that has some COM|PASSionate events of your own? Email us for details on how to submit your event to our calendar!
There are photographs in this post that were borrowed lovingly from the internet and do not belong to us. All are linked and credited to the best of our abilities in hopes of attracting more traffic to the photographers and websites who have blessed us with this imagery. The inclusion of a photograph here should not be interpreted as an assertion of the subject's or artist's identity or beliefs. If there is a photo included here that belongs to you and you want it removed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be removed promptly, no questions asked.